Speech & Drama at TVPS
Speech and Drama Programme
Speech and Drama lessons are conducted by qualified and experienced specialists during curriculum time in Townsville Primary School for all primary 1 and 2 pupils. The objectives are for pupils to:
- Use English language appropriately for effective communication,
- refine and polish oral skills such as expression, voice clarity and projection,
- speak and read aloud expressively through drama tools,
- build confidence in expressing himself / herself and performing in front of others,
- develop the spirit of co-operation and team work.
Primary 1 pupils learn the basic foundation skills of Speech and Drama and put up a simple performance in their classrooms for their classmates and parents. During this performance, parents will also have the opportunity to participate in some Speech and Drama games together with their child to better understand what their child has learnt and bond with him / her. The Primary 2 pupils progress to the more advance skills of Speech and Drama. Their lessons will culminate in a performance staged in the hall for their parents and fellow schoolmates.
Through Speech and Drama, Townsvillites are developed to be confident effective communicators.