- Our Identity
Principal's Message School Vision, Mission, Values & Desired Outcomes School Crest, Motto & School Song Our History School Accolades
- Our Programmes
- Our People
School Advisory Committee The Townsville Team Professional Development Staff Achievements
- Students Life
Co-Curricular Activities Outdoor Experiential Learning Immersion Programmes Students Achievements
Townsville Parents United (TPU) NEU_PC Student Smart Card (SSC) Cyber Wellness for Parents Financial Assistance Scheme (FAS)
School Service Providers School Safety & Security Primary One Registration
- Contact Us
Lifelong Readers . Confident Speakers . Effective Communicators
Area of Focus
Speaking, Listening, Reading and Writing
Key Programmes & Initiatives
Our school has adopted the STELLAR Programme for our English Language learning. STELLAR stands for Strategies for English Language Learning and Reading. It aims to develop the love for reading in children and also to help them to build a strong foundation in the English Language.
Each STELLAR unit includes the development of
- The four language skills: Listening, Speaking, Reading and Writing
- Social Skills: oral interaction, turn taking
- Independent learning: reading, writing, working at learning centres
STELLAR will help to encourage the learning of English Language through vocabulary learned in books and expression of thoughts in oral and written forms. It is further enriched through class discussions and informal peer interaction.
1. To create awareness of the different sounds and sound patterns of the English language and how they are necessary for proper speech.
2. To introduce participants to the basics of acting and stage productions, creating in the process an appreciation for the performance arts.
3. To bring participants to a level of linguistic competence that allows them to use English intelligibly and fluently .
4. To provide pupils exposure to various text types such as poems, fables, short stories, plays and choral pieces.
5. To encourage confidence through literature and the collaborative nature of theatre.
Expected Programme Outcome
• Prepare each pupil to put up a short performance based on the selected STELLAR text at the end of the programme
How it supports the EL department:
• Children showcase their linguistic skills to an audience.
• It ties in with the primary school EL syllabus in Speaking and Representing, where speaking with accurate pronunciation and appropriate intonation is concerned.
Ms Rachel Gayathri (HOD/EL)
Ms Elsa Ang (LH/EL)
Miss Tseng Liao Alva (NPL)
Miss Koh Shiew Ling
Miss Siti Wazirah
Miss Melissa Ng
Mrs Grace Seah (CAJ)
Mrs Josephine Tan (AED)
Mrs Susan Bala
Miss Lin Huixian
Mrs Foong Ping Keow (CAJ)
Ms Ang Lye Eng (CAJ)
Mdm Siti Nur Haliza
Mdm Norlizan Bte Ahmat
Mdm Suzana Su'ah
Miss Ang Shi Yin Pearl
Mrs May Ng
Mrs Jeya Lawrence
Mr Bernard Ng
Mrs Premila Onyekachi
Miss Nur Shameem